Here’s a nice infographic on the Mighty Mobile.
Mighty Mobile – Infographic
Some key takeaways from the infographic:
- 87% of the world’s population has a mobile phone
- 98% of people use their mobiles at home, which is about the 89% that say they use them on the go.
- There are 1.2 billion mobile web uses worldwide – 17% of the global population
- In January 2012, 8.5% of all website visits came from mobiles – double the previous year
- M-Commerce will witness a 99 fold increase in just 6 years
- and 79% of large online retailers still don’t have a mobile website!
And, as a second mobile tidbit, location based services are HUGE on those small devices… 🙂 See the full Pew Research report below.
3/4 Of Smartphone Owners Regularly Use Location-Based Services
A new report from Pew Research has found that almost three-quarters (74 per cent) of U.S. smartphone users surveyed get real-time location-based information on their phones as of February 2012, an increase from May 2011 where it was 55 per cent. This increase coincides with a rise in smartphone ownership overall from 35 per cent of adults in 2011 to 46 per cent in 2012. It also means that the overall number of U.S. adults who access location-based information has almost doubled over that time from 23 per cent in May 2011 to 41 per cent in February 2012.
– Randall Noval