Yes, the internets are here to stay and now include mobile! Find all your favorite numbers including 3, 5 and 208 in this Kleiner Perkins Caufield Byers report from the D10 Conference (http://allthingsd.com/category/d10/). This special edition includes great words like monetization, addressable, fire hoses, and ‘talent’.
KPCB Internet Trends 2012
KPCB’s Mary Meeker & Liang Wu:
- Review Internet stats and notes that Internet growth remains robust and rapid mobile adoption is still in early stages;
- Run through a number of examples of business models that are being re-imagined and re-invented thanks to mobile and social;
- Highlight mixed economic trends
- Observe that while there’s a lot to excited about in technology, there are things to be worried about regarding America’s financial situation.
- Basic Stats – Internet Growth Remains Robust, Rapid Mobile Adoption Still in Early Stages
- Re-Imagination – of Nearly Everything
- Economy – Mixed Trends, With Negative Bias
- ‘USA, Inc.’ – A Lot to be Excited About in Tech, A Lot to be Worried about in Other Areas
- Bubble – or Not?
– Randall Noval
P.S. The report is downloadable from the link.
P.P.S. My personal key takeaway is slide 110: THIS CYCLE OF TECH DISRUPTION IS MATERIALLY FASTER & BROADER THAN PRIOR CYCLES. It’s not about predicting the future, it’s about learning to surf the change wave. Lots of big stuff has happened very quickly and even bigger things will be coming even faster. We’ve only just begun.